4-1 : Relieved Taqiyuddin hails Taqis FC
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Relieved Taqiyuddin hails Taqis FC


Result : 4 - 1
Iqbal-Ishe-Darn-Nicky-Abby
Scorer: Abby(3), Darn


Taqis boss Taqiyuddin hailed his side's ''terrific character'' after they came from a goal down to beat Satyam 4-1 in the frienldy match yesterday.

''Satyam got off to a good start in the first 10 minutes. Then I thought we showed terrific character and eventually got the goal,'' said Taqiyuddin.

''I felt at that stage we'd go on and win but credit to Satyam, they had a go at us. But I thought we played okay, I was very pleased.''

Match-winner Abby Bent admitted he was relieved to score.

''It was more about not staying out for another half an hour in the freezing cold,'' he joked.

''The team played well, we created chances and got the result. It is massive, this friendly is another bit of training for us.''

Stand-in captain Darn admitted it was a difficult evening's work.

"They caused us problems, the pitch was hard to play on, they were in our faces, but credit to the lads for coming back from a goal down to win, he said. "Everyone was disappointed with the goal, especially myself, but you learn from it and keep improving."

Taqiyuddin added that although he was delighted with the friendly win, TM League remained his priority. "We'd love to reach the final," he commented. "I'm sure the players enjoyed their day but they won the final and couldn't win a league game.

Labels:

 
posted by hideYUShi nakata at 5:48 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: